Thursday, March 6, 2014

Kindergarten: Japanese Mountains

This week, kindergarten artists practiced following one-step drawing instructions, watercolor painting procedure and techniques, the use of charcoal, and critiquing their artwork with their peers. Artists designed their own mountain after looking at Japanese wood printer and painter Katsushika Hokusai's   Mount Fuji.
 Some of the students' artworks!

 "I like my volcano because I made rocks exploding".
"I wanted my mountain to be happy like a rainbow".


I love how this artist said in his critique with his peers: "I wanted to make a volcano and I wanted to make it look angry". He definitely created an angry mood with his use of red and black! Great job! :)


Artist Reflection: "I like how big I made my mountain. It looks important."

No comments:

Post a Comment